Posted on June 30, 2009
Add new tag, attitudes, bible study, co worker, common tasks, everyday life, faith, god, heart, motives, neighbor, private actions, quiet time, smile, time reading, words of encouragement, worship group
The following article by Dwayne will be featured this fall in Lifeway’s cirriculum called YOU. YOU, LifeWay’s newest adult Sunday School curriculum, is biblically-based with culturally relevant lessons to help Christians connect, grow, serve, and ultimately be engaged in impacting the world for God. YOU is unprecedented, because it is intentionally focused on urban/multicultural believers. We are honored to contribute to this incredible new cirriculum by Lifeway, which will focus this fall on worship.
Worship in Three Directions, Part 3
So what does “three-directional worship” look like in everyday life? Is it really possible to worship God when you’re at home or school or work? How can even your simplest and most common tasks bring honor and worship to God? As you go through each day this week, determine to worship your Lord in all three directions of your life. Below are some simple and practical ideas you might try.
Ways to Worship God…
• Invest time reading God’s Word and praying during a daily Quiet Time
• Check your attitudes, motives, and private actions to be sure they honor God
• Give a smile and some words of encouragement to someone you meet
• Share your faith in Christ with a neighbor or co-worker
• Choose to praise God every day through singing, shouting, clapping, kneeling, dancing, lifting hands, playing an instrument, or testifying
• Make a list of things you are thankful for and then verbally thank God for each
Written by Dwayne Moore. Copyright 2009. Dwayne is author of the highly acclaimed book, Pure Praise: A Heart-focused Bible Study on Worship. (Group, 2009)Share